To get started, type a question in the box below. For example: “How do I apply to AHC?”
We Matched Your Question To:
What will happen at a START session?
- You will take the online ACCUPLACER computerized placement test. No computer skills are needed to take the computerized test. The tests assess your skills in reading, sentence skills and mathematics. An online calculator will appear on the screen for each question that allows the use of a calculator. If you have not attended Allan Hancock College recently, you will view the New Student Orientation on the computer after you have completed the test.
- After assessment, you will have an opportunity to individually meet with a counselor to discuss your course placement. Placement into English and math classes is based upon test scores and other measures, which may include your high school grade point average, your highest level math course, grade, and length of time since you completed the course.
Not quite the answer you needed?
Please visit our 'Student Helpdesk' page for additional assistance.
Top 10 Questions
- What is the difference between a certificate and a degree?
- Do you offer a child care service?
- How do I contact a student, staff member or department?
- Where is the bookstore?
- How many credits do I need to graduate?
- What majors or academic programs do you offer?
- Where do I send my transcripts?
- Why am I on progress probation?
- What is the status of my application?
- Do you offer distance education / online courses?