To get started, type a question in the box below. For example: “How do I apply to AHC?”
We Matched Your Question To:
What should I do if I am on academic and/or progress probation?
Being on academic and/or progress probation is to be taken seriously. We encourage all students to attend a Grades Matter Workshop. The Counseling Department has developed this workshop to help students understand his/her academic and/or progress standing. Students will learn strategies to get back on track and regain good standing with the college.
Academic probation occurs when a student has earned below a 2.0 cumulative GPA. Addressing your probation status early can help you avoid future complications. Continued academic difficulties can lead to dismissal from the college and the loss of priority registration and BOG eligibility.
Progress probation occurs when a student does not complete more than 50% of his/her overall attempted units. Continued progress difficulties can lead to dismissal from the college and the loss of priority registration and BOG eligibility.
Please refer to our Probation & Dismissal section on our counseling webpage for more information.
Not quite the answer you needed?
Please visit our 'Student Helpdesk' page for additional assistance.
Top 10 Questions
- How do I get a Course Catalog or Class Schedule?
- What are the requirements / classes for my major?
- How do I contact a student, staff member or department?
- What are your admission requirements?
- What is AB 540?
- What is a class syllabus?
- When do classes begin and end?
- What is the California College Promise Grant (CCPG)?
- Is my degree audit the same as my Allan Hancock College transcript?
- Do you have any job openings?