To get started, type a question in the box below. For example: “How do I apply to AHC?”
We Matched Your Question To:
Do you offer English as a Second Language (ESL) courses?
English as a Second Language (ESL) classes are offered and there are two types. There are ESL Noncredit (no letter grades are given, but attendance hours are tracked), these courses are offered through Community Education. These courses can start at an introductory level (Intro to English: Pre-A) to follow a course sequence (Intro to English A1 thru Intro to English D1). Students are allowed through these courses to develop basic speaking and listening skills in English, reading and writing skills. Credit ESL classes (Writing Skills, Reading Skills and Grammar Skills) are also available. Students take the START exam to determine their course placement/s. These courses provide a grade option of Pass/No Pass and prepare students to take regular English credit courses.
Not quite the answer you needed?
Please visit our 'Student Helpdesk' page for additional assistance.
Top 10 Questions
- What do I do if I forgot my username or password for myHancock?
- What books do I need for my classes?
- How do I get a copy of my transcript?
- How do I get a Course Catalog or Class Schedule?
- Can I get a campus map?
- How do I see my class schedule?
- Do you offer English as a Second Language (ESL) courses?
- How do I get a parking permit?
- What is my student ID number (H#)?
- How long is each term?